Wednesday, March 23, 2011

LUiGi CoLaNi: BiOdyNaMiC!!!



 Colani



 Not sure if this does anything other than just look cool, but I want one!
 Kitchen Satellite, 1969
 This is a 'truck'.






I generally bitch about all new cars looking alike because there are no hard edges, that the 'boxiness' of earlier automobiles is lost. Everything is sort of equally rounded over. Boring. This was before I had seen Luigi Colani's organic creations. He makes curvilinear lines gorgeous in everything he designs...from sunglasses to houses. One of his most famous creations is the orb that is a kitchen (above).
Born in 1928 in Berlin, he has designed prolifically over time and has garnered tons of design awards....

The earth is round, all the heavenly bodies are round; they all move on round or elliptical orbits. This same image of circular globe-shaped mini worlds orbiting around each other follows us right down to the microcosmos. We are even aroused by round forms in species propagation related eroticism. Why should I join the straying mass who want to make everything angular? I am going to pursue Galileo Galilei's philosophy: my world is also round. — Luigi Colani

1 comment:

  1. This guy is hilarious, I seriously recommend seeing some video of him it's worth it!

    -T

    ReplyDelete